Software Development Manager
If you are a highly motivated and hands-on leader who is an innovative thinker and seeks the opportunity to make a significant impact, please don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity!
At Tracker Corp, we deliver on demand HR/legal compliance software to US employers, who rely on our perfect 12+ year track record for I-9, E-Verify and Immigration programs. We have recently developed new platforms with cutting edge SaaS architecture that allow for rapid deployment at all size companies, leaving us well situated to triple our growth in under a year!
The ideal candidate will also be an excellent communicator in both technical and non-technical contexts and will have a successful record of working to deadlines in a rapid development cycle and prioritizing competing demands. Pride in your work and a desire to delight the customer should motivate you to take initiative, responsibility and ownership of your projects and our team’s delivery/performance.
Why Tracker is right for you:
- Award-winning company at the forefront of transforming legal/compliance services with transparency, efficiency and speed.
- Smart and collegial staff -- diverse, fun and respectful.
- Great Union Square location in SF – easy commute via BART or CalTrain.
- Competitive salaries, benefits (medical, dental, vision), a fast-vesting 401(K), stock options, and generous paid time off
- Respect for your work-life balance
- A continual stockpile of snacks and drinks every day!
- Lead and manage the day-to-day activities of the development team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Develop and manage full stack software strategy to complement our product roadmaps
- Timely management and execution of project plans and delivery commitments
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, and enhancing and maintaining a best-in-class software development team
- Review designs of team members for efficiency and adherence to coding, quality, functionality, performance, and scalability and on-time delivery standards
- Work closely with the developers to develop the best technical design and approach
- Report to the Tracker Leadership Team on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance
- Develop strategy for building internal teams and utilizing external resources as required
- Lead, mentor and motivate team members to maximize their potential, to deliver high quality software and continually improve the development process
- Interface with customers and technology providers to represent our capabilities and coordinate the software portions of our development programs.
- Get hands-on and write and review code
Your Background and Skills:
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field; advanced degree desirable
- 5+ years of experience leading software development teams
- Excellent experience and knowledge in managing the complete software stack for SaaS related products
- Management experience, including hiring/evaluation/performance management/separations. Experience managing staff remotely (US and Asia)
- Experience with .NET MVC, WCF, Subversion, TFS, Trello or other issue tracking system desired.
- Experience building scalable web services, and distributed applications. Solid debugging, testing, and problem solving skills
- Solid computer science theory/algorithm background and very good understanding of how to apply advanced knowledge to solve real problems
- Experience with SDLC and Agile/Scrum environment.
- Bonus Skills include: Fluent Validation, Attribute Routing, Kendo UI, knowledge of SQL Server 2008 / 2012 setup and configuration, and knowledge of Microsoft IIS 7 or later
Your Personal Attributes and Values:
- Highly motivated team player
- Utilization of integrity and ethics in every step of the business lifecycle
- Ability to incorporate agile methodologies, tools, development skills, and disciplined process to gain competitive advantage
- Demonstrated success conducting and building relationships in a highly demanding and rapidly changing environment;
- satisfy business needs and build high value relationships with customers, internal team members, and business partners;
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to be self-generative, responsible, and enjoy working in a highly team-oriented environment; and
- Strong writing, public speaking, communication (English) and organizational skills.
How to Apply: Please apply via LinkedIn or by sending your resume and cover letter to Email us at
Tracker Corp is the leading SaaS provider of I-9 & E-Verify compliance for top US employers, and also the top provider of immigration case management technology. Customers include many of the nation’s largest companies and law firms. Partners include other reputable providers of Human Capital Management solutions. Regulatory changes and economic conditions make this a very good time to join Tracker Corp, which has been recognized recently for its fast growth:
Inc. Magazine – 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America, 2014
San Francisco Business Times – Fast 100, 2014